Friday, February 26, 2010

OOHHHHH MOMMMMY!! Say it with me now....



IN THE KNOW.....NOW!


Ever been the one person in the crowd who hasn't gone to that "cool" spot? The one in your friend group who doesn't know about the birthday party? That one sad soul in the church who has yet to meet the cool new brother everyone is talking about in the foyer?
Well, that sad sad person used to be me...Until one Friday
Night.
That was the day, when after several discussions, an episode of "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" and a birthday invite, that I was able to experience this thing everyone else in the LA foodie scene seemed to have already tried...Umami Burger.
(I pronounce it "OOH Mommy!" now!!)


And, much like the feeling one gets when meeting their soul-mate, I was not upset, nor bitter...I felt that it was worth the wait and that it happened exactly when God had deemed it appropriate. Because it was only on that Friday Nite, after a very interesting (albeit odd) day (sans paycheck), that I could have possibly appreciated the glory that was bestowed upon me on that overcast, cold, magical, satisfying evening. -sigh-The true test of a burger is the level of "juicy" it possesses. Umami is about as juicy as burgers get. In fact, after the first bite, the collection of savory juiciness rolled down my fingers and gathered on my plate! Evidence Enough! The flavors were all that the Umami burger promises. Their Truffle Burger was hands down the most delicious burger EVER. It trotted the line between juicy and greasy perfectly. It played with the maltiness of truffles and zest of garlic like it was Mozart. It combined light crunch of toasted bun with the seductive softness of well-marbled beef like it was performing some sort of MAGIC. It was just....awesome. Every bite exuded flavor and quality so consistently that it would make any other burger joint cower in shame.
Truffle Burger = Epic Win. In the words of the governator: "I'll be back."

I tried both the lightly beer battered onion rings and sweet potato fries with Roasted Garlic Aioli Sauce- PERFECTO! And washed it down with some Old Skool Grape Crush! 'member dat? The ladies at my table also raved about the Port & Stilton Burger, Umami Burger and Manly Burger, but we all knew far too well that asking for a bite was not going to be a good idea on this occasion. We all, diets and manners in tact, devoured our food between stories of dating mishaps and embarrassing blunders. So now, not only am I someone who is in the know about Umami, I vow to spread the gospel of what MANY call the best burger in town!! Love at First Bite!!


http://www.umamiburger.com/

1 comment:

  1. You're a good blogger! I was there but I was still enticed by what you are about to describe...and of course, drool!

    ReplyDelete